Fr. Moses Library
Fr. Moses Library is named after Rev. Fr. (Dr.) Abraham Moses CMI, first principal of the Rajagiri College of Social Sciences. The College library was established in the year 1981 with a view to preserve and disseminate knowledge to the academic communities. The library has a large collections of books, national-international journals, magazines, and periodicals, professional studies, PhD Thesis, Dissertations, Project Reports, Annual Reports, Conference Proceedings, and News Documentations etc. Also well equipped with online database like, NLIST-INFLIBNET, DELNET, EBSCO, J-Gate, Science Direct, Taylor & Francis, ACM, Sage Online, Pearson e-books collections, etc. Library also have a good digital repository system, D-Space.
We are conducting various User Awareness Programs on different database like EBSCO, J-gate, N-List etc. We are also organizing various National and International Conference, Seminars and workshop on Research publication, Plagiarism, Web page design, Open Source Software like KOHA etc.
Library has a floor area of 17000 Sq.ft spread over in 4 floors from 5th to 8th floor of Carmel Block and well equipped with dedicated lift, fully air-conditioned reading and reference halls and other amenities. The total seating capacity is more than 300 the main attraction of the library is the Tower of wisdom at the entrance lobby.
College is well connected with Wi-fi and the library is fully automated with AutoLib library software. Online web OPAC system is used for the searching of library resources. A very power full Flap Barrier Access Gate system is used for the entry and exit to the library. An informal fully air-conditioned Discussion hall ‘CONFAB’ is provided in Periodical section and a fully computerized Information Navigation center is functioning in the Research section.
- Book Lending Service
- User Orientation Service
- InterLibrary Loan
- Magazines and News Papers
- Reference Service
- R & D Services
- SDI Services
- Current Awareness Service (In the Press Today)
- Reprography Service
- Binding and Lamination Service
- Technical Consultancy Service
- Proficiency Centre
- Property Counter
- CONFAB – Informal Discussion Hall
- Documentation Services
- Lift Service
ICT Enabled Services
- Wi-Fi Connectivity with 100 Mbps speed
- Web-Enabled Auto Lib Integrated Library Management Software-Web based Software- Advanced Edition with Mobile Apps and SMS Modules, Email Alert
- Access Gate – ( E-Gate Register)
- Web OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)
- Bar-Code technology for Circulation of documents
- On-line Database search facility
- Information Navigation Centre ( Number of Systems - 41)
- Digital Repository (DSpace)
- Library Web2.0 Tools (Library Blog, Social Networks etc)
- Journal Content Alert Service
- Conference Alert service
- In The Press Today – Daily News Service
- New arrival alert service
- Online Article Request
- Special Service for Visually Challenged Users
- Professional Training.
Library Extension Services
Internal Extension Services
It includes User Orientation Programmes, Library Awareness Service at the beginning of every academic year. The users are supplied with Library Brochure and User Guidelines.
External Extension Services
- Library Programmes
- Book Donation Campaigns
- Library Consultancy Services for Academic and Non-academic Libraries
- Library Setting Up Programmes & Projects (School/Colleges)
- Book Fairs & Exhibitions
- Library Orientation
- Library Tour
- Library Reference Service to Outside Academicians and Research Aspirants
- Library Consortium: To coordinate activities, share resources, and combine the expertise of a group of libraries.
Library Advisory Committee
Advisory Committee consists of Head of the institution, Librarian, Heads of departments and Representative from students. This committee is giving in the recommendation of matters regarding the purchase of books, equipment, developments in infrastructure, maintenance. The Library advisory committee meets once in three months.
Library Advisory Committee Members
1. Library Warden
2. Chairman & Dean, Department of Library and Information Sciences
3. IQAC Invitee Member
4. Dean, Department of Computer Science
5. Dean, Department of Social Work
6. Dean, Department of Commerce
7. Dean, Department of English and Languages
8. Dean, Department of Psychology
9. Librarian, Fr. Moses Library
10. Student Representative
Mondays 8.00 am to 8.00 pm
Saturdays 8.00 am to 5.00 pm
Second Saturdays 9.30 am to 4.30 pm
Sundays & Holidays 9.30 am to 4.30 pm
- The library will function on all working days of the college from 8.00 am to 8.00 pm.
- All regular students shall be issued a maximum of three books at a time which will be returnable on the 15th day from the date of which will fetch appropriate penalty as decided by the library committee from time to time.
- The issue/return of books can strictly be allowed during the time period of 9 am to 6 pm all days except Sundays and public holidays.
- The particular title once borrowed cannot be renewed for a second consecutive borrowal period unless another volume of the same title with a different accession number is available in the library.
- Any damage or loss of books detected at the time of returning will have to be compensated either through replacement of the damaged or lost book in total or if the book is not readily available in the market, by depositing of the cost of the book as fixed by the library warden.
- Journals, magazines, students dissertation and reference books are not be issued to the students for outside reference. However, the users are permitted certain things to make use of the photocopying facilities available in the library.
- All students are required to record their entry and exit time by scan their barcode ID in the library Counter.
- An atmosphere of perfect silence and studious seriousness should prevail in the library in the library throughout the working hours.
- Students are not allowed to take any personal belongings in the library other than pen a paper.
- The Students are requested not to replace the books in these stacks. Please leave them on the tables placed in the stacks. The library assistants will take care of the replacing.
- The students are requested to take special care to keep the library and surroundings neat and clean. Eatables are avoided in the library.
Library Rules For PhD Scholars
- The library will function on all working days of the college from 8.00 am to 8.00 pm
- All Research scholars shall be issued two books at a time which will be returnable on the 15th day from the date of issue, after which will fetch appropriate penalty as decided by the library committee from time to time.
- The issue/return of books will be strictly allowed during the time 9 am to 6 pm on all days except sundays and public holidays.
- Journals, magazines, students dissertations, PhD thesis and reference books are not to be issued. You can take them only for reference.
- All Research scholars are required to register their entry and exit in the library e- gate register by scanning the barcode ID.
- The Scholars can use the laptop & Wi-fi facility in the library only for the educational purposes.
- Research scholars are not allowed to take any personal belongings in the library other than writing materials.
- Other rules and services are as per the general rules of the library.
The library usage of PhD. Scholars are restricted as per the criteria mentioned below:
a. Library Caution Deposit (Refundable) - 1000/-
b. Maximum issue of books - Two
c. Duration of the book issue - 2 weeks
d. Entry to the library only with their id cards.
Library Rules For Outsider Reference
1. The Library admission fees:
a) College Students - Rs.50/- (per day)
b) PhD Scholars - Rs.75/- (per day)
c) Working Professionals - Rs.100/- (per day)
2. The Outsiders Library admission is restricted to Friday & Saturday only from 10 am to 5 pm.
3. Thesis & Dissertations will not be available for reference.
4. Identity Card and a recommendation letter by the Head of the Institution/Organisation is compulsory for Library use.